Join the Archery Manitoba Provincial Target Team
2022/ 2023 Target Team Documents:
The program selection criteria has been designed to be more inclusive of development level athletes. The program will offer a high quality local training environment to ensure athlete progression, as well as increase involvement across both equipment disciplines and genders.
A summary of the qualifying criteria for existing and new team members is outlined below:
General Team Criteria:
- The Provincial Team Program is open to all Archery Manitoba Members in good standing and who are permanent residents of Manitoba.
- Manitoba Archers attending a post-secondary institution outside Manitoba are eligible to apply for the Provincial Team.
- Team members must sign an Archery Manitoba Athlete Contract, and submit team registration form by October 1, 2022 (for the 2022-2023 team)
- Team members will demonstrate commitment to the team by attending team meetings, practice sessions, and fundraising events as directed by the program leadership.
Qualifying for the 2022-2023 Archery Manitoba Provincial Team
Participate in at least 3 Archery Canada Registered 720 Round Tournaments between January 1 – September 25, 2022 and meet or exceed the minimum qualifying standards as defined in the selection document.
Registration Deadline is October 1, 2022.
Funding Criteria for 2022-2023
- Funding will be based on three (3) levels; Elite and Development A and Development B.
- Funding Levels for travel will be determined per event.
- Elite squad funding for summer 2023 (for Nationals): Due to the team selection qualification period falling in the previous outdoor season, the athlete will need to demonstrate a minimum of two (2) tournament scores that meet or exceed the Minimum Qualifying Scores (MQS) for Elite squad as a way to demonstrate they continue to shoot at an Elite squad level in the 2023 outdoor season prior to Canadian Nationals.
- Development squad: May upgrade their funding status to elite squad for the 2023 outdoor Canadian Nationals as long as they shoot two (2) tournament scores that meet or exceed the Minimum Qualifying Scores (MQS) for Elite squad as a way to demonstrate they continue to shoot at Elite squad before Canadian Nationals as a way to demonstrate their improvement.
- Funding to competitions outside of Manitoba is not guaranteed for archers attaining the Provincial Team Development Team A/B.
- To be eligible for funding, Provincial Team Members are required to compete in the category in which they qualified.
Criteria for funding
- Elite squad members can earn up to 50% of determined funding amount for making the team
- Elite squad members can earn the other 50% of determined funding amount for 85% practice attendance ***, YTP, strength training participation/plan
- Development squad A members can earn up to 25% of determined funding for making the team
- Development squad A members can earn up to another 25% of determined funding for 85% practice attendance, YTP and strength training participation/plan
- Development squad B members can earn up to 15% of determined funding for making the team
- Development squad B members can earn up to another 15% of determined funding for 85% practice attendance, YTP and strength training participation/plan