Archery Manitoba is seeking three members to fill out several vacant positions on our Provincial 3D Committee. If you or anyone at your club would be interested in serving on the committee, please read or share the information below.
The committee is made up of eight members, five voting and three non-voting (VP 3D Archery, Provincial Team Leader, and Executive Director). The Archery Manitoba 3D Committee will hold a minimum six (6) face-to-face meetings or telephone conference calls, throughout the year as necessary, to perform its functions.
The current position and terms we are seeking to fill are:
- Committee Member – Term Expires May 2021
- Committee Member – Term Expires May 2021
- Provincial 3D Team Leader – Term is year-to-year with an annual review.
To apply to serve on the Archery Manitoba 3D Committee, please apply at: https://forms.gle/aFrSiptEfsMgiHih7
The application deadline is Wednesday February 5th, 2020. Committee selection will take place no later than Friday February 14th.
For more information on the committee structure and Team Leader position description, please see below:
|1||Type of Committee||Standing Committee
(see ARCHERY MANITOBA Bylaws, Committees)
|2||Purpose and Scope of Committee||The ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Archery Committee is responsible for matters relating to the disciplines of indoor and outdoor 3D target archery within the Archers & Bowhunters Association of Manitoba.
The 3D Archery Committee reports to the Executive Committee on all matters surrounding the disciplines, including the organization of 3D Events and Provincial Team Programs. Members of the committee will evaluate and offer feedback regarding possible changes to the discipline, scoring and timing procedures, tournament conduct and rules, tournament equipment, and other relevant aspects. The committee offers guidance and drafts documents with the goal of assisting the organization & member clubs promote the discipline from the initiation to Provincial Team level.
· Number of members
· Qualifications of members
· How appointed/selected
· Rotations (if any)
|The ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Archery Committee consists of five (5) voting members elected to two-year terms and two (2) non-voting members. The committee will be chaired by the acting Vice President Events. The ARCHERY MANITOBA Executive Director will act as committee secretary. Nomination to the committee will be open to all ARCHERY MANITOBA Members through an application process. The selection of applications/nominees will be approved by the ARCHERY MANITOBA Executive Committee on recommendation by the acting Vice President Events.
All members ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Committee must be current, active members of the ARCHERY MANITOBA.
Following the initiation of the committee, terms of membership shall begin on January 1st of the upcoming year, following selection by the Executive Committee. Membership shall be staggered to assure continuity of the committee. In the initial year (2018), the committee terms will be staggered, three members will be selected to two year terms and two members will be selected to a one year term.
A quorum is defined as a majority of voting members of the ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Committee.
|4||Responsibilities/Duties||Duties of the ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Archery Committee
1. In coordination with the ARCHERY MANITOBA Executive Committee, recommend revisions to ARCHERY MANITOBA Programs and Procedures relevant to 3D Archery.
2. Review the Provincial 3D Program Document annually to ensure that strategies and goals are relevant to the betterment of the program.
3. Prepare status reports and minutes of meetings or conference calls for review by the ARCHERY MANITOBA Executive Committee.
4. Communicate with the President of the ARCHERY MANITOBA prior to taking action or sending out correspondence that impacts on ARCHERY MANITOBA program participants, members or member clubs.
5. Communicate all pertinent document, goals and recommendations to the ARCHERY MANITOBA Executive Committee in a timely manner.
|5||Authority/Decision-Making||The ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Archery Committee has no authority to make final decisions. The committee’s mandate is to make recommendations & produce program documents for review and final approval by the ARCHERY MANITOBA Executive Committee.|
|6||Meetings/Schedules||The ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Committee holds a minimum six (6) face-to-face meetings or telephone conference calls, throughout the year as necessary, to perform its functions. Likewise, some issues are discussed and resolved via email communications. The committee chair has the authority to schedule additional meeting if necessary.|
Archery Manitoba – Provincial 3D Archery Team Leader – Position Description
Role & Selection
The Provincial 3D Team Leader will be required to support the ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Committee, and Executive Director with planning and athlete management duties associated to team competitions & training events.
The role will be appointed annually by the 3D Committee under an application, review and recommendation procedure. In addition to the program team event planning duties, the 3D Team Leader will assume the role of athlete manager at events identified by the 3D Committee.
In the absence of the 3D Team Leader, Alternate Team Leader Applications per event will be evaluated and selected by the 3D Committee.
Position Term will be February 17th – December 31, 2020.
- Proven ability and experience in athlete, youth and volunteer management
- Demonstrated understanding of 3D Archery competition formats
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid & CPR certification
- Valid Sport Manitoba “Respect in Sport” Online Education
- Valid Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks (Every 2 years)
- Valid ARCHERY MANITOBA Staff Agreement
Program Operations & Support
- Work with Executive Director and 3D Committee on Event Administration & Logistics.
- Assist with planning and execution of team training events.
- Assist with communication to athlete and parents regarding program tasks.
- Assist with planning of Provincial Team promotion and recruiting
- Work with athletes during competitions & training events
- Create and execute a program task list annually
- Scout talent at local competitions and programs
- Assist with promotion of Provincial Team Program Events
- Sit as a full member of the ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Committee
Power of Decision
The Team Leader shall participate in meetings specific to the job requirements and will be responsible to make recommendations where necessary. The individual is required to communicate with the Executive Director to have decisions approved by the ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Committee.
Reimbursement of Expenses Incurred
The 3D Team Leader will be reimbursed for costs incurred as it relates to travel specific to Team Training & Competition. All Team training & competition events must be approved by the ARCHERY MANITOBA 3D Committee prior to the date the expenses are incurred. Locally, mileage will be provided at a rate of $0.35/KM for any travel outside the Perimeter of Winnipeg. Costs incurred as it relates to out of province travel will be reimbursed as determined by the 3D Committee & approved by the Executive Committee.
Funding for travel to national events to be recommended by the 3D ARCHERY MANITOBA Committee, followed be final approval from the ARCHERY MANITOBA Executive Committee