Archery Manitoba will be hosting a virtual Special General Meeting (SGM) on Wednesday October 28, 2020 at 6:30 PM via Zoom. All members are welcome to attend the meeting. The purpose of the SGM is to review and approve proposed amendments to the organization’s bylaws . To attend the meeting, please fill out the simple registration linked below to be sent Zoom meeting participation information:
The draft of the amended Bylaws, as well as a summary of the proposed amendments can be found below:
Current Bylaws for reference: http://archerymanitoba.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ABAM-ARCHERY-MANITOBA-CONSTITUTION-BYLAWS-11-27-2019-.pdf
Summary of Amendments
- Page 1 – Acknowledge the organizations rebranding, to state the Archers & Bowhunters Association of Manitoba (primary registered corporate name) is also known as “Archery Manitoba”.
- Page 1 – Updated all items referring to the Federation of Canadian Archers (FAC) (former name) to be named Archery Canada.
- Page 1 – Updated all items referring to Federation of International Target Archery (FITA) (former name) to be named as World Archery.
- Page 6 – Section “Officers” – This section has been amended to add eligibility of officers (executive committee members). The criteria is standard best practice of Provincial Sport Organizations. The eligibility criteria added is as follows:
Eligibility of Officers – In order to be eligible for election as an officer, a candidate must:
Be a paid member in good standing of the ABAM.
- Be at least eighteen years of age, with power under law to contract.
- Consent to volunteer for the duration of the term in the executive committee position in which they are interested.
- Not have any known impediments which are likely to result in their removal during their term
- Be nominated by any two paid members no later than 20 days prior to annual general meeting and their nomination accompanied by a brief resume.
- Have no commercial conflict of interest within the sport of Archery. Although not exclusively a pre-requisite for eligibility, efforts should be made to have representation from all regions of the province.
- Attain the Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders Certification.
- Page 6 – Section “Officers” – The addition of the Past President to serve as a non-voting member of the executive committee. This addition is aimed to promote continuity and guidance for the leadership of the organization as term positions change.
- Page 9 – Section Meetings of the Members – Quorum for meetings of the members (Annual General Meetings & Special General Meetings) has been decreased from 20 voting members to 12 voting members, of which a minimum of 7 must be members of the board of directors (directors & officers).