- This event has passed.
Archery Canada Regional TOP Camp
November 2 - November 3
Archery Manitoba is excited partner with Archery Canada to play host to former Olympic and and National Team Coaches Joan McDonald and Shawn Riggs in Winnipeg, November 2 & 3, as they lead Archery Canada’s Regional TOP Camp. This camp is an invitational camp, for archers that have been identified as having potential to be a part of Archery Canada’s national development stream, identification squad.
The Top Program:
The TOP Camp Program is a component of the High Performance Canadian Archery Stream for upcoming athletes and coaches across Canada.
These camps objectives will:
- Deliver a coordinated, weekend long program across Canada focused on our next generation of top archers.
- Provide access to high level coaching for both developing athletes and their personal coaches.
- Educate athletes, coaches and the broader archery community about Archery Canada’s Athlete Development Pathway, including the Dev/ID program.
- Provide an opportunity for athletes to be evaluated for entry to the National Dev/ID program.
- Introduce key concepts of high-performance sport as they relate to archery. Including, athlete monitoring, strength and conditioning and sport technical.
Identified coaches are invited to observe and participate in the full weekend clinic with their archers. A coach specific seminar will be held on Saturday evening. . Each Seminar has been submitted to the CAC for approval of NCCP Professional Development points.
Coaches are highly encouraged to attend all sessions outlined in the schedule, but there will be a sport specific seminar for coaches only. Which has been confirmed for NCCP professional development points.
Development and Identification Program:
The TOP Camps are designed to be an opportunity for interested athletes to be assessed for entry into the Development/ID Program, a component of the High Performance Pathway for the Recurve Target program.
The Development and Identification (Dev/ID) program, is a group of selected athletes, who demonstrate a variety of factors and criteria, and have demonstrated they have the performance potential to reach the National Training Squad within 1 to 3+ years. Athletes invited into this program, either participate locally or at a distance, with periodic camps with the entire program. Through such interaction, this group receives regular technical coaching, either in a centralized setting, or through collaboration between their personal coach and the System Pathway Coach. Furthermore, this program is designed to provide the following coaching services to athletes in the program:
- Evaluate and improve technical skills
- Enhance competition planning and performance
- Provide advanced mental skills to optimize performance potential
- Analyze and guide annual training and competition plans
- Offer consistent exposure to a performance environment